Since the year 2002, the FDL Association in conjunction with the Institute for research and development Nitlapan initiated the program of technical assistance credit directed clients, with the aim of achieving a greater impact on development which enables them to improve their level of competitiveness and greater revenue.
- Project change: Protection of biodiversity in the Mesoamerican Biological Corridor, Was funded to 1,511 producers received credit, technical assistance and monetary incentives, for ecotourism, Agroforestry, Agriculture and Silvopastoral Systems.
- Attention to coffee: Rust plague affected coffee plantations of thousands of producers in the year 2013. Technical assistance was provided in partnership with Nitlapan 3,500 producers, customers of FDL, to reverse the effects of the plague of rust, through a proper fertilization, management of shadow, and application of fungicides in plantations, In addition were granted loans for working capital and for renovation of coffee plantations to appropriate deadlines.
- Attention farmers: It has provided credit technical assistance to more of 2,000 cattle producers through Nitlapan and Tecnoserve, for these producers to implement systems semi modern technology to improve yields and making management plans for farms that allow environmental sustainability.
- Ecomicro: Program implemented in the western part of the country, with the aim of bringing climate change adaptation measures. In the year 2015, two hundred and thirty producers received loans and technical assistance to implement adaptation measures, the most sought after were: Silvo-pastoral systems, irrigation equipment and water crops.
- Climate-Smart Agrofinance Project: In the following link you will find more information about: Model farms, Agro Emprende, Call Center for Technical Assistance and Multimedia Technical Assistance.https://www.nitlapan.org.ni/podcast/